6.11.2007

Ach, du Lieber!

Boston, excellent city of revolution. A welcome escape from the Texas heat and flooded work spaces. Hoping to meet the Boomer Chronicler, a blogger extraordinaire.

It's a drink of spring water just to be here, with my daughter, wanting only to be of assistance, firm up for support, keeping up with life's inevitable changes.

Bronchitis and a flooded office have kept me from the blog. Learning principles of Web design, living, dealing with aging, making sense of the insanity that rules the country at this time, accepting the reality of a world gone insane.

Crappola. List things to hang on to sanity: family, friends, Liebslieder Waltzes next fall, the possibility of life after retirement, surviving until then.

Lygeia. It all fits together. And crumbles and recreates and dissipates into lost opportunities. List the doors I chose not to enter. List the doors I did. Full, jumbled, no sense, too much sense.

Ravings. Keep learning. Surf the crest of the wave.

Not a particularly wonderful return to blogging. So what? What.

Partial Green reunion. A rock 'n roll band I used to sing backup with. A long-lost friend some thought was dead, but I knew better. He's retired to Costa Rica and loves it. Old boyfriends. Just so--boy friends. Maturity brings some rather unwelcome realizations.

One thing to hang onto: it furthers one to hold to one's values. Tightly.

Adios, au revoir, arrevederci, sayonara to the past. It's done. Make the most of what's left of the future.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The craziest, nuttiest thing just happened. I clicked on your blog and see that you are exulting over Boston! Wow.
Signed,
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles

stitchwitch said...

Hi, Claudia,

Life never ceases to amaze. Yes, the insanity sometimes overwhelms me, but then something happens or someone comes into my life that makes everything better. (And who knows, maybe the latest Cheney revelations will have an impact. Hope springs eternal!)

I hope you are at Cindy's party Saturday night. I really enjoyed meeting you at her last one.

Sandy

Moxy Jane said...

I'm trying to accept chaos and inconsistency as constant companions. That life is an ebb and flow, a journey, and that one only "arrives" when one dies. So, this is me, this is my life, HURRAH!

I applaud you making ANY attempt at all to make sense of current insanity. I'm not sure I have the stomach for it.

kokopelliwoman said...

Rhea, I'm sorry I missed you. Next time we'll get together.

kokopelliwoman said...

Hi, Sandy, wasn't the birthday party fun? It was good to see you there. Congratulations on your new beau, he seems very cool, and you looked very happy together.

kokopelliwoman said...

moxy jane, sounds like you're living life to maximum advantage, keeping your equilibrium and making positive things happen regardless of what comes your way. I think the reason I'm trying to make any sense is because of my stomach as well--the mere sound of Bush's voice makes me nauseated, so my attempt is actually a defense against getting sucked back into an abusive mindset. Unfortunately, Bush's behavior reminds me too much of my ex. Now that's crazy-making!