4.20.2008

Theraplex: the medical moisturizer




This is a lengthy project completed. A while back, some folks asked me to sample Theraplex, a new medical skin moisturizer--no strings. I've never reviewed a product in FOP, and don't know that I'd want to do it on a regular basis. Over a couple of months, I sampled the four types of products.

I read the brochure, looked at the site, and used each of the four products. The important features for me were

  • Do they test on animals? No, or you wouldn't be reading this.
  • Do the products live up to their claim of effectiveness? Yes. Each product did exactly what it said it would do, to a greater degree than I expected. Theraplex is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic, which we insist upon as well.
  • Is their Web site smoothly navigable for elderbloggers as well as younger users?
The last may have to wait for another post--I'm working on a rubric to (anecdotally) assess elder blogs and sites, plus not-elders wanting to sell, er....communicate with elders. Authenticity is in the top five.

I gulped at the price, but compared to other equally pricey, top-of-the-line skin moisturizers, I was impressed with the Theraplex results. It takes a much smaller amount to get results, though, so it would probably be accurate to say that in this case, you get what you pay for.

There. Not a particularly well-written review, that's true. However, it is an authentic opinion, and over the months this project has been worth pursuing as much for the philosophy of the blogosphere, as for the pure joy and satisfaction of bumping my thinking up a level. Or informal learning, as a group of colleagues would identify this activity. So many possibilities. So many challenges.

0 comments: