This March, several of my colleagues will be learning, networking, interacting with old friends, and generally absorbing emerging information at SXSWinteractive. TechieU. I learn so much in a fairly short, very inexpensive (since I live in Austin), and the whole experience is one gigundidas, intensely brain-stimulating, immersion in the internet and those who are expanding its horizons. This is the place to go problem-solve, find new solutions, "get under the hood," in the vernacular.
So. First things first. What do I need to prepare? Here's a sloppy list:
- Collect and secure hardware
- Initiate communications links, especially with my peeps
- Group blog the shit out of it
- Groceries: boxed soup, hardy fruits/veggies, h2o bottle, nuts, power bars
- Conference in a Backpack stuff for work
- Living in the Austin Civic Center for 5 days in a Backpack stuff for me
- Make sure there's enough cat food for the duration
- Make sure everyone is once and for all down with the fact that this is a grueling, deeply-focused marathon that will assault all your senses and nerves for what will eventually become an extremely long week, because it goes over the weekend, and it wears me out
"Coming to you live, from the Internet Cafe!" Whoa. Totally. Everybody get their friends together and introduce them to folks at work. Wonder if we can carry in camera equipment? Put it on the list...