9.23.2010

Getting back to flow

Now that I can access the 'net at lightning speed, I can once again practice visiting other blog by people my age. There are so many sage, funny, educational, inspirational folks who are going through that next big change for boomers--retirement. It can be a real bitch, I can tell you. And I'm a well-educated, professional who worked all her life. Well, except for side excursions here and there...but that's another story or two.

Getting out of the fix that I was in within two months nearly killed me. I think I've mentioned that before, but it still holds. Harder than having a 48 hour labor and delivery at home, with friends and family. Up til now, that was the mammoth-sized labor of record. It's still very much touch and go and will be for the foreseeable future. But lots of folks are contributing in a number of ways, so I'll have a roof over my head. And as good a medical insurance as I currently have available.

So I was checking out the Midlife Crisis Queen, Laura Lee, and she asks "does what we wear really matter," which segued into inviting visitors to describe our most memorable outfit--that get-up that made us feel the most powerful, loved, loving person ever. Brought back some sweet and valuable memories for me. Remembering how to live simply as possible and still be creative, in great part, I think, because I have done this before and survived.

Any way, nice place to leave a memory--go check it out.


http://www.midlifecrisisqueen.com/2010/09/22/does-what-we-wear-really-matter/comment-page-1/

4 comments:

Steven H said...

Sorry, this is my first time reading your blog, but are you retired now? What are you doing with your time - blogging/reading blogs? What is your "flow?"

kokopelliwoman said...

Hi, Steven, I am officially retired from the university where I worked. My annuity does not pay the bills, so I still have to work at least a part-time job. Currently, I'm freelancing as an editor/writer.

I sing with a semi-pro chamber chorus here in town, which feeds my spiritual side. Still unpacking boxes and setting up in a new home as well. I do hope to read more blogs and post to this blog more frequently.

"Flow" is when I get so involved in doing something I love that I'm able to focus intently and get maximum satisfaction doing projects. Hope that answers your question.

joared said...

Enjoyed this bit you've written here. Got a kick out of the link you provided to the Midlife Crisis Queen. Keep packin' ... I mean, unpackin'!

kokopelliwoman said...

joared, unpacking is giving me the opportunity to get rid of a lot of stuff I don't really need. I may take a cue from the Communicatrix and post items for sale here on FOP. My daughter also suggested that for those family items that have sentimental value, I take a photo and collect them all in an album, along with a note about the item.