8.05.2007

Spiders. That Attack.

Did that get your attention? It certainly did mine not long after I moved to Sydney. This 'lil page was in a Sunday supplement, and I immediately tore it out and taped it to the wall. The worst I ever encountered was the orange and green alert boxes above.

Thank goodness. A Sydney funnel-web spider (see above, if you dare) will rear up on its four hind legs, and leap at you, his front four legs clawing the air straight at you. Not a sight I would relish f2f. Gorgeous, nonetheless. As was so much else there. I loved it. I loved those people. I loved that place.

5 comments:

Granny Annie said...

We have scorpions. Oklahoma scorpions are not deadly. Their sting is the equivilant of a bee or wasp sting. I am afraid attacking spiders that rear up on hind legs would immediately send me packing.

kokopelliwoman said...

Ouchy! I was once stung by a scorpion, and hope it never happens again. I've lived in at least 3 homes, including one in Edmdond, Okla that were lousy with them. Too many 50's Vincent Price horror flicks featuring deadly, monstrous, vicious, very quiet, scorpions.

Anonymous said...

Spiders have always bothered me. I could never live somewhere where spiders were in great supply.

kokopelliwoman said...

Rhea, don't go to Australia! I occasionally hired a car (didn't own or need one in Sydney) and went "drive-about." After one such trip, I arrived home late at night. When I returned the car the next morning, there was a huge spider lurking on the interior passenger door. No telling how long it had been traveling with me!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh my Lord....you weren't kidding.....and apparently either do these spiders. No, nope, no way. Glad you made it out alive Claudia...those creepy little guys can stay 'down under'....thank you very much. EWWWWW!