8.01.2007

Sunburns? In Texas? In August??


In my little cubicle at work, I now have a soft, soothing rug under every bit of it. It won't totally lie flat yet, just breaking it in. Keep my head down, get the work done, and the office will settle in. Just In Time. That's all that matters.

So we've had so much rain, everyone showed up with a sunburn on Monday. So? So? Why is that so mind-blowing? Because by August One in Central Texas, everything and everyone is burnt to a toasty crisp. Did you feel the earth shimmy a little when you had the awesome revelation that weather phenomena associated with our current environment is trying to pull the rug out from under us as we write?

Glad I have my new rug.

It's seafoamy and rivery and calming and softening. We're just gonna make it comfy. That's good.

So maybe next time another Motherly Natural environmental krrrrrnk! we'll ALL get hustling and clean things up. And I'll have a rug to ride out on.

Cause I'm all shook up...ooowe-e-e...yuh..yeah, yeah, yeah.
(Repeat to Fade)

P.S. Austin really is a fun place for this to happen. We sit on an ancient, crumbled, worn-out fault line. Thus all the springs and rivers and lakes and the Hill Country. I declare my heart is there...another song.

2 comments:

cchang said...

I'm a little on the toasty side especially after hanging out at Barton Springs but not sun burnt fortunately. Travis on the other hand is redder than a beet.

kokopelliwoman said...

Poor Travis! Isn't this weather strange? The grass is STILL green. You got quite a nice compliment this morning at the NFS--Amy commented on your gemology and jewelry-making prowess. I strongly agreed...remind me to tell you the latest in the daughter/b.f./ring saga.