6.06.2006

Older bloggers and the younger techies who love them

In the next few days you'll see the list of links in the sidebar grow as I add URLs to the blogs of some wonderful folks I met at SXSWi or that I work with here at the uni. These gifted individuals were most gracious, supportive, and generous with information and were great ambassadors for the conference, and the field of tech in general. And when I spoke up for us silverbacks in one session that in my perception was heading alarmingly south, I was assured by presenters and many attendees that they greatly respected and did not discount their elders' life experiences and capacity to learn new tricks, and moreover, had even set up blogs for their mamas so they could correspond with abandon. My faith was restored.

So here's a shout out to Ms. Camahort, Eric Rice, Glenda Sims, Liz Henry, and all you other younger techies who are hip enough to realize that we were the ones who started it, after all--you guys just make it shiny and easy to use ;) (Just throwing out a little lightweight shit to see who swims in it, as my ex used to say...) Makes me smile that you love your mamas enough to make sure we can jam to our heart's content, with heaping servings of fireworks on the side!

'cause at the end of the day, no matter what our birthday, it's all about communicating, right?

3 comments:

goodwitch said...

I'm a firm believer that age is merely a suggestion...and as far as I can tell...you have great wisdom and a delightfully youthful spirit!

Have you wandered over to blogher? I found some delicious inspiration there!

kokopelliwoman said...

How sweet, G! When people ask my age, I tell them I'm 18 with 42 years experience, and that's truly how I feel. Yay blogher! I've opened an account, but haven't posted yet--you've inspired me to spend some time there this week. Thanks :)

cchang said...

I tell them I'm 18 with 42 years experience, and that's truly how I feel.
I quote that line from you all the time! Am I the only gal who looks forward to becoming 30?