9.09.2007

Elder and assistive tech catalog

The International Society of Gerontechnology originates in the UK, but it draws members from around the globe. A recent post to the group included a link to "What's New: Newer Devices and Gadgets for Older and Disabled people." Very cool, the non-PC title notwithstanding. Talking labels, timers, remote control appliances, smart homes, and more. I'll try to find out if these products are available in the US. If not, then the catalog is a great resource for US developers and engineers. Surely we have the equivalent somewhere in America...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a great overview of gadgets for disabled people in general. I have saved it for future reference. thank you!

Kay Dennison said...

I like this a lot! Thanks!

kokopelliwoman said...

Paul, Kay, you're more than welcome. I hope to share many sites like that, maybe even start a new page element for elder and assistive research and technology. It feels like playing catch-up, since I know little about what's out there. But I plan to root around on a regular basis.