9.03.2007

Elder blogging and new template


The photo has nothing to do with either title subject. I just happen to love the kitties in the blue wheelbarrow. Taken by my daughter on her visit to an old friend in Greece. This was on one of the islands, don't remember which one, but the blue, which islanders use to paint their front doors, reminds me of the blue that New Mexicans paint their front door frames to protect against evil spirits. After a little research, I discovered that the New Mexico tradition was brought from the Mediterranean. No wonder they remind me of each other!

A lot like the ShiShi dogs protect Okinawan households. You see scores of them on every roof and entryway. I guess the American equivalent is a horse shoe over the front door. Of course, you have to remember to nail it in a "u" shape, so the good luck doesn't pour out.

Elder bloggers: should you not want your blog to show up in the blogroll to the right, just let me know and I'll either remove it or move it to the "links" section, whichever you prefer. Linkees: if you are 60+ and want to be included in the Elder Blogger blogroll, drop me a line and I'll be glad to re-position.

Template: I'm experimenting with what's available in Blogspot, which I don't find especially aesthetic. Even though I love the greens of the old template, it's difficult to see, and elder blogging is all about whether we can read the print or not. If anyone has any opinion, please leave a comment. Life is an experiment--I'm flexible.

10 comments:

Cowtown Pattie said...

Claudia, the green is quite "cool" and pleasing, actually. My own template within Blogger has been a work in progress, but it is an html nightmare of a mess. I have played with it so much, that you can't tell I started with a basic template. Just be sure to save a good copy of your html before you start tinkerin'....

kokopelliwoman said...

Hey pattie, thanks for another pair of eyes. Working in html can get to be like "blackboard blindness," when you can't see the forest for the trees. I saved the green template, but haven't yet tried to recover it to see if I did it properly. I'd like to add you to my elder blogroll, if that's OK with you. My greatgrandaddy farmed peanuts outside Bonham, TX, and I have a lot of respect for us Texans who came from hardscrabble dirt farmers. There's a strength in those bloodlines that's honest and true.

cchang said...

I like just taking the "Minima" templates and adding my own elements to the CSS. If you visit my art blog, you'll see what i did with the "minima Ochre" template to make it my own.

kokopelliwoman said...

Cindy, I used Minima when I first started blogging, before I had much experience in customizing. So far, that's two votes for the old template, none for the new. I'll take that as a pattern, and mess around with the old one. Certainly check out your custom Minima to see what you did with it. Glad I took a couple of HTML classes, so I kinda know what I'm looking at...
Thanks for reviewing, you know I trust your artistic sensibilities :)

Kay Dennison said...

hmmmmmmm I know I left a comment on this. Or am I losing my mind? Or did I say something wrong?

kokopelliwoman said...

Hi, Kay, in the template/desktop confusion, I lost two comments, which disappeared before I could see who the commenters were. I would love it if you could re-post. Thanks!

Kay Dennison said...

lol I'd love to . . . if I could just remember what I said! geeeeeez

kokopelliwoman said...

LOL! Know what you mean, jelly bean! I have to make a conscious effort to repeat the number of the level where I've left my car at work at least three times. Otherwise, you'll see me roaming up and down several floors looking for it so I can go home...

Grandmother of Wildflowers said...

http://princesastewart@blogspot.com

Grandmother of Wildflowers said...

This is not an "aging thing", folks. We just get a little more ADD as we......grow. Also, parking lots seem to be getting larger and larger these days. And,.... My!,.... there are so many of them! OK, I'm kidding, but I really did get lost in the mulit-wing, multi-level, multi-color, numbered and coded, Galleria parking lot, Houston, Tx. The nicest young security man picked us up and found our car for us.