7.06.2008

Central Europe--more photos





These were taken at the Meissen porcelain factory. They do unbelievable, incomprehensible, absolutely gorgeous stuff, and have been doing it the longest of anyone in Europe. It was a treat to tour the showroom and workshop. I learned more about porcelain in one day than in my entire life.

And then learned that Dresden was full of Meissen porcelain, including the frauenkircher, the Lady's Chapel, which was destroyed in WWII, but rebuilt--the interior is brilliant white porcelain and gold. We were not allowed to take photos in the church.

Equally as stunning, there is a wall that runs an entire city block, several stories high, of German heroes and leaders through the millenia, painted on small squares of Meissen porcelain!
Nope, still haven't gotten them all on-line.

I am still awed by being in those places.

6 comments:

joared said...

Enjoying your blogging about your visits in Europe. Awesome is an understatement.

Kay Dennison said...

Claudia -- I am sooooooooooooooooooo awed and envious I am speechless!!!!!! And you know most people think they Kay can't do speechless so you've accomplished the impossible!!!!

Seriously, I am loving evry pixel of every photo!!!! Thank you for sharing them!!!!

kokopelliwoman said...

Hi, joared, I'm still reeling with the sights, sounds, sensations, and ancient history. I'm glad we got to see so much in such a short period, but I'd love to go back and spend more time in each place--we barely scratched a tiny portion of the surface.

On the other hand, I'd be just as thrilled to journey back to N. Ca. with my daughter, show her the house she was born in, and take a walk on Dillon Beach. The mighty Pacific is awesome, as well, as you know!

kokopelliwoman said...

LMAO at Kay!! Ms. WordPerson, at a loss for words? The universe is crumbling! :)

There are more photos to come--I've used up all my allotted space in Photobucket, which is frustrating, because I'd like to keep them all in one place. Any suggestions?

Kay Dennison said...

LOL!!!! Cheat?

kokopelliwoman said...

Moi?? Tried it--no dice ;(
You crack me up!